Starting with January 1st 2021, the United Kingdom is no longer part of the European Union, therefore shipments that do not contain exclusively documents (maximum 1 kg) will be accompanied by the following customs documents:
- Copy of the ID / Certificate of Incorporation;
- EORI code (The EORI code is assigned to a natural or legal person by the Customs Authorities. They will use it for all customs operations carried out on the territory of the European Union. The document issued by the Customs Directorate is called “Notification of assignment of the EORI number” and is a document issued in electronic format);
- Commercial invoice for the transported products, in English (product type; number of products; material; value; gross/net weight; country of origin; export type);
- VAT code registered on the territory of the United Kingdom – both of the sender and of the recipient;
- Packing list duly filled in English; this can be downloaded from here.
These documents will be sent to email@example.com for verifications and then will be attached to the package.
- A customs declaration is required when importing or exporting any product to/from the United Kingdom or when you are transiting goods thru the territory of the United Kingdom.
- If you do not have an EORI number, in order to complete the customs formalities, it is necessary to obtain it from the customs authority – https://www.customs.ro/.